Your Child and Technology
Computers let students travel around the world without ever leaving their desks at school or your home. They can make learning easier and more fun, and learning how to use them will give your child many advantages in the future.
1. Ask your child's teacher how computers are used at your child’s school.
2. How much time each day and week does your child get to use them?
3. If you don’t have a computer at home, visit the local library or have your child use the media center computers to do homework and other school projects when they are open before or after school.
4. Ask about the kind of work that your child is doing on the computer. Does it sound challenging? Is your child excited about learning on the computer?
5. Take a computer class or learn how to use the computer to assist your child at home. Does the school, local library, or community offer computer training for adults?
http://www.commonsensemedia.org/ Great site with lots of information.